Monday, August 17, 2009

The crazy week...

Last weekend, we had a few memorable things go on in our household. On Saturday evening, there was a street BBQ, in which everyone on our block was invited to get together and get to know each other. We went and met some of our neighbors, the kids had a blast staying up late and playing with the other young kid there. Sammie made her rounds with the other dogs and enjoyed getting attention from other people. While we were sitting around, she jumped into my lap and I was petting her. I noticed a bump. I rummaged through her fur to find an engorged tick. BLECH. So gross. I did not feel like sharing this discovery with the neighborhood, so we carried on like nothing had happened... When we got home, Martin and I discussed who would be removing the little bloodsucking parasite. Neither of us wanted to and we decided to deal with it in the morning, since it had most likely been attached for nearly a week (Black Forest trip) anyway.The next day while Martin was out and the kids were napping, I did it. :) I'm so proud of my toughness. haha...

Then Sunday evening, we took Isaac in to the ER because his ear had been hurting a lot. He went home with a weeks worth of antibiotic... And it worked great! :) Aziel ran a little fever that night as well, but they've all bounced back quickly.

Our Taurus is on the fritz. It's overheated and died twice this week, and now the driver's side window won't roll up! If it rains, it will rain in our car. Good thing I will be done with work next Friday! We will soon be down to one car.

I scrapped a few new pages. My style is slightly evolving. I think I'm getting better at drawing the focus to the photos then the elements. Let me toot my own horn, lol. I've also been playing around with different fonts, word art, and photo effects. Next up, I need to beef up my journaling and start trying out RAW photography. Supposedly you can do SO much more with it with photo adjustments and stuff. When I say "stuff", that means I really don't even know, but I would like to learn more! :)


Credits: Composure Plus by Taylor Made designs.

Sorry about the kissy picture. We just don't get very many photos together, and I liked this one...


Credits: Happy Garden by Weeds and Wildflowers.

2 comments:

  1. love the pictures! Those little boys are great and yes, I do believe you are doing a great job on you lay outs

    ReplyDelete